|Job Ref:||204771808||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£31000 - £35000/annum pension, healthcare, etc||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE. GLOBAL ORGANISATION. SECURE EMPLOYMENT. Would you like to be part of the expansion plans for a large global company? Our client is looking for 3 Electrical Maintenance Technicians to join their team as they expand their site bringing in additional equipment to increase the output of the site dramatically. |
There are excellent opportunities for progression for the right individuals onsite for them to increase their salaries and forge a career for themselves within an excellent employer.
The role will see the successful candidates working as part of a team and being responsible for the operation of a section of the plant via control systems while providing electrical maintenance support to the area acting as the first point of call for any required maintenance within their allotted area.
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience - including shift allowance) + final salary pension, healthcare, company share scheme.
You will start on a basic of £21,700 working days to start the 4-6 months (dependent on individual) training period onsite with half of the shift allowance (£4,250) allocated to you. There is around a 10% increase in basic salary upon completion of the training period. The remainder of the shift allowance will be paid upon moving on to shifts (4-6 weeks' dependent on individual) and you will also receive the majority of the overtime allowance of £2,500 when you start with the company with the rest following at a later date.
Shift pattern is a 7 on, 2 off pattern incorporating a mix of Days (6am-2pm), Afternoons (2pm-10pm) and Nights (10pm-6am) with a 10 day break every 3 rotations of the pattern.
The Role: The successful Electrical Maintenance Technician will report in to the Shift Supervisor and will be responsible firstly for the safe operation of plant equipment via a control system and additionally providing 1st line response for any electrical or instrument breakdowns within the area.
Responsibilities will include:
* Primary responsibility for safe operation of a plant process via a control room panel
* Providing 1st line response to breakdowns inclusive of basic fault finding, electrical isolation of processes and repairs
* The Electrical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for conducting detailed shift handovers
* Application of site safety / environmental / quality processes
* Issuing of work permits for operations within allocated area
The Candidate: Electrical Maintenance Technician
* Must hold a relevant electrical based qualification gained within a manufacturing environment
* Previous experience within a manufacturing / industrial environment is essential
* The Electrical Maintenance Technician must be comfortable with the dual nature of the role undertaking the operation of process equipment along with maintenance activities
* Experience with low voltage / 415v systems is desirable
* The ability to read electrical drawings is required
* Must have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
* Outstanding problem solving skills are needed
* Must be computer literate and able to use all Microsoft Office applications
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position