|Job Ref:||204771625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
Service Engineer required for an exciting permanent opportunity with my client who are a leading international company designing and building special purpose equipment for the food industry.|
JOB TITLE: Customer Services Engineer
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE OF SERVICE ENGINEER:
To ensure all work is completed to the customer`s total satisfaction. To project manage all work to an end from a customer service perspective working with various departments within the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SERVICE ENGINEER:
- To install and commission production lines.
- To site manage all such production lines.
- To effectively carry out breakdown and planned preventative maintenance site visits.
- To complete site visit reports within the stated time frame.
- To report effectively to all departments within the company.
- To ensure the customer is always kept informed of the current situation.
- To resolve all outstanding issues through communication and dedication.
- To request extra resource when required.
- To work within the stated budget of the job.
- To produce and work with necessary action plans to complete the job.
- To take control of trials and demonstrations.
- To learn and work with new products.
- To attend exhibitions as and when required.
- To manage work time effectively.
- To complete all work within a stated time frame whenever possible and work to tight deadlines.
- To communicate with the Service Helpdesk and appropriate team leaders effectively.
- To encourage and teach other members of the department when appropriate.
- To lead by example and show maximum professionalism at all times.
- To ensure all faults are logged on the internal PIN system.
- To be available at all times during contracted hours where phone signals allow.
- To be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime including weekends to meet the business needs.
- To maintain your expenses reports within the stated time frame.
- To report to your team leader regularly.
- To communicate in an effective manner with other departments within the company.
- To attend meetings as and when required.
- To support the weekend rota.
- To aid the Service Helpdesk team with customers` issues as required.
- To work in line with company procedures.
- To aim to achieve total customer satisfaction.
- To work with customer focussed applications.
- To deputise for the team leader in his/her absence
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE ENGINEER:
• Consistently produce a high standard of customer service and development of customer relationships.
• To actively develop professional working practices with other members of the teams.
• To maintain a good standard of appearance at all times.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF SERVICE ENGINEER:
• The successful applicant will have an ONC in Electronic or Electrical Engineering equivalent. Experience within the food industry is desired.
• Education requirement is: HNC, NVQ - City and Guilds or 5 plus years` experience with food packaging company. Electrically biased/qualified (City and Guild in Electrical Engineering). No PLC needed