|Job Ref:||POR0047||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||Spain||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 04:01|
Purpose of Position: |
The incumbent will be required to manage the implementation and commissioning methodologies to ensure that key areas of construction planning, constructability and construction safety in design are addressed during the engineering / design phase. They will also hold responsibility for managing the construction coordination resources and for the organization and management of construction on EPC/EPCM projects with complete control of construction budget and schedule while meeting Company objectives and goals.
· Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of technical design, schedule, preliminary execution planning, and cost estimating:
o Coordinating early constructability input into Design, schedule and cost development.
o Manage contractors to achieve the schedule and budget performance of all construction tasks executed within the agreed cost and time requirements.
o Supporting design process phase through constructability reviews, risk analysis reviews, etc. to ensure safe construction and mitigate risks.
o Monitor and appraise the contractor's construction performance, and ensure that necessary corrective actions are taken in such areas as safety, quality, planning and scheduling, cost control, subcontract administration.
o Monitor and control all cost aspects of the project construction scope including forecasting costs, obtaining approvals, identifying trends, taking action to avoid cost overruns and identifying opportunities.
o Plan and prepare accurate project construction estimates and establish cost report for control of projects.
o Develop site integrated planning strategies, team structure and contractor integration strategies interfaces at site.
o Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues between WorleyParsons and the contractor/ sub-contractor as they arise.
o Set clear objectives for the Construction team and monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
o Develop a project construction schedule which allows work to be executed in a logical sequence.
o Manage the planning of all construction scope elements of the project and develop resource & financial requirements from the project plan.
o Manage the field procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule ensuring clearly defined scope.
o Plan, co-ordinate and manage the field, procurement, construction testing and commissioning of the project. Ensure clear agreement of project objectives during construction phase and confirm these are met or exceeded.
o Develop and maintain a familiarity and appreciation of capability and ongoing work load of Construction support providers / contractors.
o Ensure by leadership and guidance that contracted works meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions.
· Participate in the early development of the overall Construction Management execution strategy, working in consultation with Project Managers, Manager of Engineering, Procurement and other stakeholders as required:
o Assist the Project teams in the sourcing and recruitment of Project construction Management personnel.
o Provide support, coordination and review to project teams, plus direct involvement in the execution of high profile projects executed from the office.
o Contractor management including evaluating Sub-Contractor capability, and assisting as applicable in the evaluation of contractor proposals, and establishment of appropriate controls with the Project Controls group.
o Effectively manage multiple stakeholders and maintain and build healthy customer / contractor relationships throughout the project and post completion.
o Ensure the right systems are in place and applied on the project.
· Provide strong HSE leadership in support of Company's Zero Harm and OneWayTM vision and ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants.
· Contribute to the implementation of the quality system on projects by defining the project construction quality requirements and certifying the right systems are in place and are applied on the project.
· Active involvement in the Company's Business Development initiatives and other activities associated such as participate / develop construction contracting plan, prepare construction tender packages and review bids.
· Establish specific project goals for personnel involved in the project(s) and provide regular feedback, coaching and performance reviews to ensure that all goals are achieved.
· Identify, document and communicate the customer requirements and routinely monitor the key reports and development of corrective action plans.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
· BS degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
· Minimum of 15 years' industry experience, with at least 5 years' experience in construction management
· Must have proven track record in managing a multi-disciplined team of Supervisors.
· Ability to use basic Microsoft Office packages including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Will be required to navigate and adapt to EMS (corporate quality management system) and align to Project Delivery processes.
· Utilization of sound problem solving skills to analyze and evaluate all aspects of construction including but, not necessarily limited to, project feasibility, project business case, engineering design, constructability, safety, quality and commercial.
· General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: building effective business relationships, commitment, customer focus, dealing with change, drive for results, integrity and trust, and basic leadership skills and comply with WorleyParsons "Zero Harm".
WorleyParsons Caribbean Operations - Trinidad
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of EPCM services to the resources & energy sectors and complex process industries. We cover the full asset spectrum, both in size and lifecycle, from the creation of new assets to services that sustain and improve operating assets. WorleyParsons Trinidad has been a provider of Engineering services to the Oil and Gas Industry since 2002. With s upport from and workshare with other global WorleyParsons offices to operating as a fully functional office utilizing the complete suite of WorleyParsons global systems and procedures, the Company operates out of two (2) locations on the island. The dedicated Trinidad group forms part of WorleyParsons' global team which includes 24,500 personnel, working in 118 offices across 42 countries.
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations.
WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.