|Job Ref:||AUC00291||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||New Zealand||City:||Auckland||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:00|
Our Maritime and Coastal team is expanding and provides a unique opportunity for a Principal Maritime/Coastal Engineer or Scientist to join a highly professional team that operates across the Southern Hemisphere. The opportunity is to grow a team of engineers, scientists and engagement experts in a supported environment - where you will be able to draw on expertise and contribute to projects across Australia, Asia and the Pacific. |
The team already leads multi-disciplinary projects for GHD delivering design, planning, science and environmental management solutions to ports, marina's, energy companies, governments, telecommunications, investors and local authorities. Your opportunity is to build on this. To lead projects and a team in New Zealand that will contribute to the ongoing success of our Coastal and Maritime business.
We'll expect you to hold a recognised tertiary qualification with at least 10 years' of relevant experience in maritime infrastructure, coastal engineering, maritime environmental approvals and/or port logistics. You'll have a thorough understanding of relevant NZ legislation and demonstrate a proven track with superior technical skills in the key areas of maritime and/or coastal structures design, assessment and analysis.
To be successful in shaping and growing this portfolio you will also need to have:
- 10 plus years in the Coastal/Maritime industry in NZ with international experience being advantageous
- A strong and credible industry profile with a well-established network of contacts
- The ability to provide specialist input into the Coastal/Maritime business and seek opportunities to strengthen services to our clients on multidisciplinary and complex projects
- Proven business development skills with a passion and motivation for building deep and enduring relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- A propensity for strategic thinking with hands-on implementation
- The ability to lead and influence people in a way that helps achieve stretch targets and creates value beyond expectations
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written with an open communication style which translates into an outstanding client engagement record
- Expert witness experience in a local hearing or environment court; and of course
- A real desire to grow with the business.
We are flexible regarding the location of this role, which may reside in any of the 3 main centres. Opportunities will exist to work on projects across Australia, the Pacific as well as internationally.
GHD will provide you with a supportive environment, with a friendly and lifestyle based culture based on our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity and Safety. You'll be encouraged to grow technically, personally and professionally to become a key player in our business. If you're proactive and results-driven with a strong work ethic, and one who enjoys building strong relationships then we welcome your application.
As one of the world's leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies, GHD operates a connected global network of 8500 professional committed to delivering imaginative thinking and exceptional client service.
Passionate about improving the built environments of global communities, we have a cultivated a reputation for providing seamless solutions incorporating planning, architecture, engineering and environmental services to help our clients maximise returns on capital investments, improve sustainability and meet legislative requirements.
Please forward your covering letter and resume via the link NA .
Short listing for this role will commence immediately. GHD does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.