|Job Ref:||38708||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:04|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI has an opening for a Software Developer to support mobile and web application development within a growing research agenda across Internet-of-Things applications.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an outstanding ability to develop innovative software prototypes, and a strong desire to apply these techniques to proof-of-concept demonstrators in an R&D environment.
The successful candidate will contribute to a growing research agenda related to Aerospace and Building & Industrial Systems technologies. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, multinational team developing new technologies that will provide competitive advantage for United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units, including through engagement in EU collaborative research projects such as under Horizon 2020, and partnerships with leading institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with 2-5+ years of relevant industrial experience, or a master's degree with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, in the area of software design, development, infrastructure, and deployment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
• Requirements gathering, design, and implementation of user interfaces using HTML5, as well as iOS, Android in native environments or using cross-platform mobile development (e.g. Visual Studio, Xamarin)
• Use of UI/UX design tools (e.g. InVision, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or other adobe family software)
• Rapid prototyping of mobile/web apps.
• Use of AngularJS for developing responsive web applications.
• Excellent programming skills using some or all of the following programming languages: Java, C#, Objective-C or Swift.
• Unit and system-level testing strategies, performance analysis, and release management.
• Agile software development, from requirements capture through to transition to production.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• A proven ability to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
In addition, experience in the following areas will be highly regarded:
• Back-end architectures and technology, including containers, microservices, real-time event analytics, SaaS, and REST, using technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Presto, and Flume.
• Data storage solutions for heterogeneous data sets, using technologies such as Hadoop, RDBMS (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, GraphDb, Cassandra), and cloud-based services (e.g. EC2, S3).
• A desire to drive best practice for software engineering, and promote the adoption of emerging tools and methodologies.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. As part of your daily job with UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting the "Job Postings (International)" option in the drop-down menu under "Careers".
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.