|Job Ref:||38704||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:04|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI seeks candidates with a research background in the design & implementation of tools & methodologies for model-based design, and with demonstrated ability to customize such techniques for applications across the aerospace, power electronics, high performance buildings, and distributed energy systems domains.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in formal methods and the implementation & application of model based design concepts. The ideal candidate would have experience in combining commercial application software, such as the Modelica language and Dymola tool, with custom tool implementations to perform domain-specific model-based systems engineering. Expertise in formulation and analysis of requirements, business, and engineering models is desirable. In addition, knowledge of topics in the areas of hybrid systems and cyber physical systems would be highly regarded, particularly for mixed criticality applications under real-time conditions.
The successful candidate will contribute to an established research agenda related to Aerospace and Building & Industrial Systems technologies. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, multinational technology team developing new technologies that will provide competitive advantage for United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units, is expected to contribute towards technical strategy and business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and be able to partner with leading institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential.
The candidate should have a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related fields, with particular expertise in model based design with 0-2+ years' experience, or a Master's degree with a minimum of 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience is required. The candidate should also have a strong international publication record and demonstrated ability to do independent research. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
• Experience in developing tools & methodologies for the modelling & simulation of dynamical systems, including system analysis and architecture exploration and synthesis.
• Demonstrated capability in design, modeling, simulation and analysis using formal methods and model based design approaches, including the implementation of custom domain specific modeling environments, simulators, and code generators.
• Experience in co-simulation techniques for multi-domain and multi-physics modeling with emphasis on thermodynamics, thermo-fluids, mechanical, and electrical domains.
• Experience with Modelica (e.g. Dymola), MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++ or related software programs. Previous experience with Modelica related tooling is a strong differentiator.
• Familiarity with the management of system requirements, including continuous traceability and verification through the design & implementation process.
• Exceptional communication skills, demonstrated commitment to deliver results, adaptability and ability to work in a teaming environment.
• Ability to execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
In addition, experience in any of the following areas will be highly regarded:
• Experience in solving real world mixed criticality problems in an industrial setting.
• Knowledge of approaches for validation & certification of safety-critical systems, particularly in the domain of commercial aerospace.
• Understanding of building physics, including heat transfer and fluid flow.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. As part of your daily job with UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting the "Job Postings (International)" option in the drop-down menu under "Careers".
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.