|Job Ref:||38706||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:04|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ NA
UTRCI has an opening for a Research Scientist in the area of Formal Verification of cyber-physical systems in the aerospace and safety-critical industrial domains.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver creative, integrated and scalable solutions toward validation and verification through both continuous and discrete event modelling, including formal reasoning and verification, model-based system engineering and/or cyber physical systems analysis, working as part of a multidisciplinary team in developing new technologies that will provide a competitive advantage for UTC's business units.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Demonstrate technical excellence in research activities and creative thinking that leads to innovative concepts.
• Developing technologies from initial concepts through to laboratory validation, including implementing and testing control strategies, as well as designing and testing hardware prototypes.
• Actively contribute concepts to technology roadmaps in areas related to complex aerospace systems, helping expand the portfolio of technology maturation projects.
• Assist in developing proposals for externally-funded research in the area of complex aerospace systems, and collaborating with external partners such as companies, national labs and universities.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to senior management and functional teams.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is extremely well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential.
A minimum of a doctoral degree in Formal Methods, Co-simulation or Cyber-Physical Systems Analysis in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering discipline with significant model-based design content with 0-2+ years of experience, or a master's degree with a minimum of 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience in a field relevant to the formal reasoning, model-based design and analysis of complex cyber-physical systems.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
• Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: Formal Methods, Co-simulation, Cyber-physical systems Analysis.
• Expert in modeling, simulation and verification of discrete and/or continuous models in formal methods and model based design tools
• Expert in modeling, simulation and verification of multi-scale, multi-physics systems using model-based design or symbolic/explicit model checking;
• Some background and understanding in embedded systems, communications, constraint-based optimization, software in the loop testing, co-simulation using FMI standard, and/or aerospace certification will be a plus.
• A proven research credential with publications in journals and conferences in the relevant field and/or a patent portfolio is required.
• A strong track record of developing and executing technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints is highly desirable.
• Software/Tools/skills preferred: C, C++, NuSMV, SPIN, MATLAB/Simulink, Design Verifier, FMI Modellon, Modelica / Dymola, Rational DOORS, SpaceX
The ideal candidate is:
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
• Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
• Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
• Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
• Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. At UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: NA by selecting the "Job Postings (International)" option in the drop-down menu under "Careers".
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.