|Job Ref:||38703||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Ireland||City:||Cork||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:04|
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.|
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. (UTRCI), established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC's commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC's large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidates.
Learn more @ NA
UTRC Ireland is currently seeking candidates for a Senior Research Scientist role in the area of Building HVAC Modelling, to join its Control and Decision Support group. The Control and Decision Support group supports UTRC Ireland's mission by developing and transitioning algorithms and techniques in building HVAC systems modeling, simulation and analysis, and will support technology demonstrations of advanced building energy and control systems of relevance to United Technologies Corporation (UTC).
Successful candidates should demonstrate an outstanding track record in the areas of building thermal modelling, HVAC equipment and system modelling, and simulation and performance analysis of energy systems. In their role, they will interact with United Technologies Corporation (UTC) business units to provide technical expertise in existing programs, contribute towards business development through Irish and European grant acquisition, and contribute to the definition of technical strategy. The candidate will be part of a diverse, multinational team focused on innovation, working closely with other team member in multi-disciplinary projects and partnering with academic institutions, government agencies or national labs to further technological capabilities for UTRC in building modelling.
MA/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
Ph.D. degree in in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience.
• Experience in thermodynamic modeling and Building HVAC equipment and systems performance modeling.
• Experience with development /application of modeling and simulation programs to analyze building systems, thermal loads and performance.
• Record of technical contributions, including patents and publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in control and applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Proven success in innovative strategic and technical thinking, willingness to champion and investigate new technical ideas, and their application to real-world problems.
• Excellent communication skills, innovative strategic and technical thinker, high energy and team player.
• Willingness to go beyond the original field of expertise.
• Expert knowledge in at least two software packages: Dymola/Modellica, TRNSYS, E+, MATLAB/SIMULINK
• Experience with building energy performance analysis (energy auditing, measurement and verification).
• Familiarity with HVAC equipment performance including vapor compression products, air and/or water distribution and building management systems.
• Field experience with implementation or monitoring of building system technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants.
This position is based at UTRC's European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can also apply online at: NA by selecting the "Careers", then "Job Postings (International)", and then "UTRCI Research Scientist, Control Systems"
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.