|Job Ref:||SCR16-5896||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Scranton||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:09|
Join our General Dynamics team at Scranton Operations! |
The primary job responsibilities for the Make and Buy Planner include the following:
Production Schedule Management:
• Ensures MRP milestones are achieved on the required basis (hourly, daily or monthly).
• Manages material in concert with supporting functions to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Supports and coordinates interdepartmental activity with Quality, Scheduling, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, etc. to ensure resources (personnel, equipment, etc.) and priorities are provided as needed.
• Proactively identifies and resolves potential problems due to resource (material availability, personnel, equipment, outside processing services, etc.) constraints or conflicts.
• Supports the development and communication of recovery plans if milestones cannot be met due to changes in material delivery, equipment availability or other issues.
• Use MRP systems as a tool - Exception messages; Material transfers; etc.
Work Order Management:
• Ensures material is available and issued to the work order in accordance with the production schedule.
• Executes and manages work order transactions (such as releases, updates, completion, scrap, stocking and shipping) in a timely manner.
• Audits the validity of WIP production data, cycle counts, and WO reconciliation. Offers Management and Supervision accurate reporting of such information.
• Monitor Accuracy of Bill of Materials (BOM) and routing accuracy.
• Ensures WIP and floor inventory objectives are met. Learns and implements lean (such as KanBan) and other local practices to release material to the production floor.
• Learns and maintains system planning parameters (such as shrink and yield factors, lead-time, queue times and lot sizing, etc.) to facilitate better planning.
• Communicate changes and impact to the business.
• Participates in audits / cycle counts for production floor, stock and work-in-process [WIP] inventory.
• Manages the stock and store rooms inventory and replenishment as needed.
• Learns how to troubleshoot causes and determines corrective actions for inventory inaccuracies.
• Reviews and recommends timing of incorporating Engineering Change Notice (ECN) into production. Ensures proper revision control is maintained.
• Responsible for the annual physical inventory and booking of adjustment in the accounting system.
Reporting and Communications:
• Tracks and monitors Production progress versus plan (update department metrics and visual boards).
• Advises Operations leadership and Program Management of the status of the work in progress and any potential problem that any adversely impact deliveries to the customer.
• Attends meetings such as staff, program meetings/reviews, delivery performance reviews etc. May coordinate such meetings when familiar with program.
• Perform month end duties to accurately report inventory values for month end close.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
H.S. Diploma or GED, prefer Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Able to work well in a team environment and good problem solver.
• Ability to work collaboratively with various functional groups, meet commitments, and act with integrity in all aspects of business.
• Organized and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
• Good communication (verbal and written), time management, and organizational skills.
• Quick learner, independent worker, self-motivated, positive attitude, and presents and communicates in a professional and constructive manner that positively reflects on our commitments to our customers and the company brand.
2 years Planning and/or Tool Crib Inventory experience, preferable in a machining/forging manufacturing environment.
Must have a basic systems understanding, proficient with Microsoft Excel, and ability to learn financial systems functionality and MRP/CRP/MPS logic.