|Job Ref:||ANN-LE-16-19251||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Building Services||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:09|
- Responsible for GDLS Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) at the Anniston Army Depot Operations facilities and the Werner Facility located in Anniston, Alabama in accordance with applicable EH&S regulations, laws and requirements.|
• Point of Contact for Workers' Compensation Program
• Ensure compliance with applicable OSHA and EPA standards, and equivalent state, local and host installation requirements.
• Maintain Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) records and reports.
• Recommend, develop and implement local policies and procedures to ensure that Anniston facilities maintain compliance with internal policies and applicable regulations.
• Conduct EH&S inspections and incident investigations, prepare reports, present results, and communicate findings to appropriate personnel/agencies recommending corrective action.
• Coordinate and maintain liaison with municipal and host installation emergency response agencies, i.e. Fire Department, and emergency and evacuation agencies.
• Develop, maintain and train facilities in emergency response and evacuation programs.
• Responsible for coordinating characterization, accumulation, shipment and disposal of wastes in accordance with applicable federal, state, local and/or host installation regulations and requirements.
• Provide support and guidance to the Anniston Operations and personnel related to selection of potentially hazardous materials planned for use in or on the product, and in support of the manufacturing / assembly operations.
• Responsible for coordinating activities as necessary to apply for, obtain, implement and maintain environmental permits to install and operate equipment and processes as needed or applicable.
• Identify EH&S-related training requirements and assist site management in ensuring employees receive the applicable and required training.
• Assist the Anniston Operations with development of Emergency Response Procedures for field operation and testing activities.
• Investigate and file Workers' Compensation claims per regulatory standards.
• Track and monitor EH&S training requirements
• Act as the Anniston Operations Facility Security Officer (FSO)
• High degree of Integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of environmental regulations & standards
• Must be proficient with PC applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of current EH&S regulations & standards at Federal, State and local levels.
• Ability to work 40+ hour work week and overtime hours as required to accomplish objectives and support program operations.
• Minimum 9 years experience in managing environmental, health, and safety regulations and/or company policies
• Must be able to attain and maintain the required security clearance
• Bachelor's Degree
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.