|Job Ref:||31723||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||New Zealand||City:||Auckland||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:09|
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together our 34,000 staff, based in more than 500 offices, across 40 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service. |
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects and clients, and providing the best service, solutions and advice.
Due to the continuous success of our Asia Pacific operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Consultant / Occupational Hygienist to join our Contaminated Land/Occupational Hygiene team based in Auckland.
Our teams across the Asia Pacific region focus on the provision of quality and diverse services within the field of Occupational Hygiene which includes asbestos air monitoring, surveying and clearance inspections, consultancy and management services. Additionally, we provide clients with a range of Occupational Hygiene services including mould and dust monitoring, IAQ, dangerous goods, noise and other contaminants.
We would like to hear from you if you have between 2 to 4 years' experience in the field as a Hygiene Consultant or Environmental Consultant , and a genuine interest in working towards obtaining an asbestos assessor license (LAA)
As an Occupational Hygienist you will be initially focusing on:
• Conducting asbestos monitoring and implementing programs, including fibre count laboratory work;
• Client Liaison;
• Site surveys (including sampling and management / pre-demolition asbestos building surveys);
• Asbestos in soil assessments;
• Preparing asbestos reports and recommendations; and
• Providing site supervision in asbestos removal projects as the client's asbestos consultant, including the provision of clearance reports for friable scope.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
• Hold a current asbestos assessors license or be interested in working towards one;
• Hold a current New Zealand Driver's License;
• Have a good working knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations;
• Be able to demonstrate skill in report generation;
• Be available for domestic and/or international travel as required;
• Have highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
A degree in a Science and/or Safety Discipline or a related degree is advantageous. Experience in working on projects involving assessment and/or remediation of contaminated sites would also be considered advantageous.
In return you will receive:
• Competitive remuneration;
• The opportunity to work with other disciplines on joint projects;
• Training and development within our multi-disciplinary company to build your career; and
• The opportunity to be part of a growing team and be involved in business development with the support of experienced management and supportive leadership.
If you're ready to join a leader in the engineering consulting world, then it's time to apply. To express your interest please click on the 'apply now' button. Your application will be treated in strictest confidence.
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.