Enersense International Oy provides its customers with resourcing solutions which appreciate the fluctuations in their projects. Our company is an ISO 9001:2008/14001:2004-certified actor with more than ten years of experience in operating in close cooperation with large-scale nuclear and construction sites, the Olkiluoto 3 nuclear power plant site being the largest of them.
We are currently looking for a Plant Completion Lead Time Scheduler for our client in Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant, Finland. We are offering challenging work in an international project environment.
The Plant Completion Lead Time Scheduler is overall in charge of and responsible for a phase of the overall EPC Schedule. Together with the team, he/she will develop and maintain the time schedule for the Plant Completion phase. The Plant Completion Lead Time Scheduler reports hierarchically to the Project Time Schedule Manager and operationally to the Construction Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the schedule updates are completed on time and in accordance with the update timetable
- Issue reports and schedules on time for review
- Responsible for the quality of the schedules under their control, and to guide and mentor the schedulers working for them
- Ensure that the team informs Functional Management and Time Schedule Management on delays and issues and risks to the project time schedule, and work with them to mitigate these
- Be proactive in assisting to mitigate and remove obstacles that are preventing the execution of the schedule
- Encourage the team to actively work with execution and to physically observe how the work is planned and assure progress by walking out onto the plant
- Perform transverse analysis with Commissioning Lead Time Scheduler in order to secure the critical path of the project, and monitor sub-critical activities
- Use Primavera P6 for the Master Project Schedule and for various detailed schedules as needed to support the Construction group and Project needs
- Organize the schedule updating and development with the team and relevant project members. Ensure interrelationships with the company and third party groups are correctly modelled in the schedule
- Ensure updating of their phase of the time schedule with actual progress and design sequence development activities
- Analyze the activities, durations, links, and critical path; inform the managers when variations or delays from the plan are detected; forecast completion dates, and recommend recovery plans to mitigate delays
- Manage interfaces with other Time Schedulers, Functional and Project Groups such as Site Works, Procurement, Commissioning, contractors, and the Client, to identify and manage upstream and downstream impacts and relationships
- Incorporate progress measurement and required resource levels into the completely integrated schedule analysis
- Use the functionality of Primavera layouts to show the detailed Construction time schedule, summary schedules, critical path, Client and licensing organization approval activities, with meaningful milestones to track the project's status
- Prepare and issue formal weekly and monthly reports and ad-hoc studies, analysis, and reports. All reports, layouts and charts that form part of the update must be to a standard format
- Minimum of 8 years' of experience in large multi-year projects or commercial projects, including five years of time schedule work experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects using Primavera
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing, at a professional working level
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a stressful environment
- Experience and excellent knowledge of Primavera P6, including resource allocation and standard scheduling techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Fluent English required
- Other languages (French, German, Finnish) are an advantage
Drug test and concise security clearance will be done for the selected person in order to get the permanent access to OL3 site.
Please note that due to clients urgent need only applicants with a valid working permit / EU-citizenship can be considered.
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.