As a Civil Design Engineer specialized in airfield pavements, you will be involved in the design of the airfield infrastructures and in particular responsible for the design, evaluation and construction supervision of pavements, as well as for the development and implementation of Airfield Pavement Management System. As a requirement to fulfil this purpose you will need to demonstrate:
• Knowledge and experience in the design of airport pavements, both flexible and rigid, according to the most extended standards and best practices, like FAA, AAHSTO, ICAO, DMRB, etc.
• Experience in structural design of heavy duty pavements for special areas.
• Experience in the design and service performance of special pavements and treatments for airports, like anti-skid, fuel-resistant pavements, etc.
• Experience in design and coordination of both superficial and underground drainage solutions for pavement serviceability improvement and protection.
• Deep knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, with hands on experience in the analysis and interpretation of geotechnical tests (Trial Pits, Boreholes, CBR, Plate Bearing Test, etc.)
• Full expertise in the analysis and classification of pavements as per the ACN/PCN classification method.
• Experience in visual inspection of pavement conditions like PCI Method.
• Experience in the execution and evaluation of pavement condition tests like Surface Friction Test, FWD/HWD, Speed Condition Test, etc.
• Experience in the design, development and implementation of APMS (Pavement Inventory, Pavement Evaluation, Identification of Needs, Budgeting, Prioritization, etc.)
• Experience with preventive and corrective maintenance and pavement rehabilitation (slurry seal, restorative seals, microsurfacing, chip seal, Hot Mix overlay, White Topping, Slab Stabilization, Crack and Joint Stitching, etc.)
• Capable and experienced in revision and preparation of specifications, customized as per the particular requirements as needed for the project.
• Knowledge of Construction material tests (Bitumen Penetration, Marshall Asphalt, Density and Compaction Tests, etc.)
• Ability to prepare BOQs and cost estimations in order to look for the optimal solution.
2 Line and staff relations
This profile will be integrated into the new Dubai Airfield Infrastructure Department, under the direction of the Airfield Design Manager.
3 Skills and responsibilities
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• 8 Years Civil Engineering design
• Fluent in English
• Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
• Excellent skills in ACAD
• Hands-on experience in Pavement Software like FAARFIELD, COMFAA, BAKFAA, MicroPAVER, PAVEAIR, etc.
• Experience with AutoTurn or similar will be an advantage.
• Experience on-site will be valued.