Job Purpose The Planner is responsible for project planning activity and negotiating with key stakeholders. Reporting to the Planning Manager the successful candidate will be involved in a major electrification programme laising with external parties suchs subcontractors and client (Network Rail), including key internal stakeholders and functions within the project. Good stakeholder engagement skills and a knowledge of integrated planning would be desirable. The candidate must be competent in the use of Primavera suite of packages such as P6, P3e, P7 or Microsoft Project.|
Interface with all key stakeholders to ensure effective operaitonal planning and reporting within the project. Managemnt of additional works and variation requests. Esnure effective reproting to the Planning Manager of status and reccommended strategies to identify risks and opportunities. Ensure all KPI's and progress data are shared with key stakeholders. Liaise with subsystem managers, technical manager, partners and subcontractors in the field. Implement project scheduling procedures. DEfine and update detailed execution planning. Arbitrate date changes with Construction Manager and Technical Operations. Coordinate regular progress meetings between entities acting within the field i.e. partners, subcontractors and suppliers. Support in construction progress meetings. Ensure coordination with Project Managers. Propose and coordinate corrective actions for reducing risk of delay and improving time control. Reporting distribution to all stakeholders upon contractual requirements. Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience of planning/project control within large scale multidisciplinary projects within the rail industry.
- Specific knowledge/exposure of either complex Track, Overhead Line Electrification or Civil Engineering projects.
- Must have construction experience, preferably accompanied by a Civil Engineering qualification.
- Experience in the practical application of risk management.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- IT skills - Expert use in Primevera suite of packages as denoted above.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.