Morson International have an opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join a large Rail project based in Lancashire.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create schedules and disseminate tasks to employees, supervise the team to ensure production and quality of workmanship.
- Ensure sufficient resources are allocated to carry out tasks safely and with appropriate competences where required.
- Taking design allocations populate purchase requisitions to the procurement department and guidance of supplier to obtain materials from.
- Overseeing the Issuing and ordering of small plant, machinery and equipment along with planned maintenance, ensuring all equipment is within calibration before issuing to use.
- Liaising with suppliers to identify lead times for items and ensure awareness of potential issues that may impact delivery
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Ensure compliance with any and all Health and Safety rules such as Lifesaving Rules, the Health and Safety at Work Act, all regular safety checks performed by HSE
- Reporting and ownership of HASEMP file, hire and stock quantities, loss and damaged goods, progress reporting and site cost/cost improvement