|Job Ref:||119631SHO||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 20:14|
Morson international is recruiting for a CRE Project Engineer to join a large rail client. This is a Permanent position based in Lancashire. JOB PURPOSE|
Provide specialist professional and technical support on project engineering issues to the project team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects to time, budget and quality.
- Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise, ensuring project deliverables meet quality requirements, and are on time and budget
- As part of a project team provide engineering support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractors design submissions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure contractors compliance with applicable standards, specifications and procedures
- Undertake detailed review of project quality plans and develop QICC documentation for presentation to the Senior Project Engineer and recommend the acceptance of assets into the business.
- Advise on method statements, interpretation of engineering standards and suggest improvements to the contractor, in particular where safety, reliability and risk issues are identified.
- Critically review and report on documents and activities such as work specifications, working instructions, operational safety plans, project engineering designs and commissioning plans and propose improvement where this is appropriate.
- Contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- An Engineering Degree and/or Higher National qualifications together with membership of an appropriate professional institution;
-Track record of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on project engineering issues;
- Proven knowledge of project engineering in heavy civils relating to stations, airports, terminus or complex buildings whilst working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality; - Good understanding of contract and risk management principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation.
-Contractor Responsible Engineer (CRE) Experience