To assist in the efficient allocation of production staff ensuring that the safest and most cost effective resource solution compatible with the work load and skills required is implemented to support the contracted works. Where addition resource can be not requisitioned internally the Resource Planner will be responsible the procurement thereof.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / MAIN TASKS
- Produce, with the Construction & Protection team, rosters to allow the effective utilisation of the resources in accordance with the project programme.
- To ensure that the allocation of labour meets the skill level required to undertake the works safely and efficiency.
- Acquire labour resource when necessary from within the company. Where there is over utilization in the company the resource manager will undertake to procure the labour from approved suppliers.
- Maintain a database on supplier performance and resource to allow selective resource procurement for future requirements.
- Monitor and report on training and competence requirements highlighting issues to the relevant management/supervisors
- Supply HR information as requested to ensure they are able to monitor absence correctly.
- To supply any required information and support the Project Planners in monitoring resources.
- The line management of Resource Planner and Clerical Support
- To ensure all staff have required training to undertake tasks required by each project.
- To assist Head of training to ensure training requirements are planned and up to date for all staff working on site.
- To ensure a full and up to date resource data base is available.
- The successful competition of personal objectives from the personal development review.
- Accurate, effective rosters in line with company policy.
- Being an active productive member of the project management team.
- The conscientious undertaking of the principal accountabilities and main task described in the Job Description.
- An understanding of the conditions of service.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and competent at there use.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ideally 2 year's experience of resource management within a rail engineering environment.