Purpose of the Job To lead the Electrification business to ensure that the overall business plan and budgets are formulated, implemented and achieved and that all contracts/service agreements are delivered in compliance with contractual and statutory obligations.|
Duties and Responsibilities
Measurement of Effectiveness
- Participate as a member of the business management team in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the company's performance so as to ensure that the agreed business KPI's are achieved.
- Develop and implement plans to meet annual revenue and profit targets within the context of the E&P market. This includes for taking responsibility for specific E&P tendering and estimating activities to ensure that appropriate work is secured. These T&E activities will be co-ordinated with Commercial Director's team.
- Direct the E&P business to ensure that all contract/service activities are carried out in accordance with conditions of contract/service agreement, the Health and Safety at Work Act, and all relevant legislation.
- Direct the E&P management team to comply with procedures and delegated authorities in the delivery of contracts/service agreements.
- Direct the E&P business to ensure efficient, effective and safe use of resources, adhering to laid down technical and safety standards and the achievement of planned objectives in terms of safety, quality, cost and performance.
- Develop and maintain a client portfolio as well as external and internal relationships which foster a service culture.
- Provide fully costed and supported investment plans to the Head of Power and Communications on the Division's capital investment and revenue expenditure.
- Maintain technical competence of own staff and any E&P staff within the MD Track organisation and ensure that the supporting supply chain are audited to ensure that they also meet standard requirements.
- Develop strong relationships with senior management team.
- Lead and direct engineering disciplines other than E&P on Electrification projects and tenders
This role will be measured by:
Educational, Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Annual financial targets are met or exceeded
- Company Safety Quality and Environmental instructions and targets are similarly met or exceeded. All staff are briefed monthly on safety matters and are aware of their safety responsibilities. Technical standards are known within the division and methods of compliance adhered to. All work practices are analysed to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the business is customer focused by; developing and improving relationships; to respond to feedback; input into customers Key Account Management process and demonstrate that customer relationship indices are meeting or are ahead of targets;
- Employees at all levels within the Group are aware of requirements of their jobs and managers ensure that relevant competence correspondence exists. Systematic appraisal of employee performance is undertaken and plans are made for continuing professional development.
- All employees embrace the company values.
- Professionally qualified in an appropriate discipline.
- Fully conversant with railway structure and associated safety matters.
- Successful record in project delivery.
- Chartered Engineer and/or MBA qualification.
- In depth knowledge of utilities, construction and contracting.
- Successful record in Project Management.