BASINGSTOKE - CONTRACT 6 MONTHS |
Rate: £425.43 PER DAY LTD
The Planner is responsible for provision of accurate, integrated and meaningful bid and / or project planning information to the management team and key stakeholders.
This encompasses; monitoring, analysing and reporting for bid /project schedules to ensure that information is used in bid / project decision-making based upon the status of the most up to date schedule.
The information provided to review and report the status of the bid / project must be based on auditable, controlled and managed data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain, develop & communicate the integrated bid / project plan in the designated planning tool set including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with the Thales Procedures.
- Monitor the integrated set of bid / project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices and cost structure and Work Break-down Structure.
- Undertake and coordinate the formal update of bid / project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status.
- Generate the overall critical path across the integrated set of bids / projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
- Undertake Earned Value calculations, where applicable, to support bid / project performance forecasting.
- Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the Forward Load extraction.
- Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules including regular local archiving of the associated database(s).
- The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a Project Planner position within the client.
- A proven ability with primavera preferably P6
- Competency in undertaking the detailed investigation of cost, schedule and resource variances
- A Good understanding of the principles of Earned Value Management
- Formal certifications / training at an advanced level in Oracle's Primavera P6 - P7 preferred
WE SEEK A PLANNING ENGINEER WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)