Morson International are looking for a Fabrication Manager to join a large Rail Project based in the Lancashire area.|
The purpose of the role is to undertake and oversee the fabrication elements associated with the project whilst maintaining control and stock records of all stores materials/equipment.
Duties will include:
- Working closely with Project Engineers and Construction Supervisors.
- Supporting the Construction Manager
- Maintaining excellent communication between the company and suppliers.
- Highlighting production shortfalls and potential construction issues.
- Supervising the fabrication department to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Creating schedules and disseminating tasks to employees, supervising the team to ensure production and quality of workmanship
- Ensuring assemblies are fabricated as per design drawings.
- Undertaking/Overseeing the fabrication of structures at the steel manufacturers, ensuring the quality of the fabrication is to required standards.
- Completing ITP's check sheets for all assemblies undertaken.
- Monitoring the use of materials and current stock levels, developing robust systems to highlight the control of this.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of ordered materials
- Completing and recording a copy of all red-marked 'as-built' drawings.
- Carrying out Tool box talks, Safety Briefs and Tours.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.