Produce safe and effective SSOW plans in accordance with project timescales and industry standards. Manage resources including quality, safety, time, costs, people, materials and tools / equipment for the task.
This post is critical in the development and delivery of robust SSOW plans. The role will involve close liaison with a wide range of people, within and external stakeholders. These include Field Operations, Engineering and Projects staff as well as Network Rail.
- Responsibility for production of project SSOW plans to time and budget
- Ensure the safety culture is authentic zero accident/incident.
- Plan safe systems of work for nominated projects with appropriate safety and performance measures applied, within required timescales.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of SSOW plans
- Produce plans compliant with operational standards, rules and procedures
- Attend site to identify risks/hazards, enabling production of robust SSOW plans
- Book track access as required through Network Rail's Green Zone Access process
- Ensure appropriate protection staff and equipment are booked/confirmed with timescales
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are carried out prior to issue of SSOW plans
- Assist in resolving track access conflicts to deliver the plan, whilst minimising commercial risk
- Identify risks associated with work on or near the line and put in place mitigation measures
- Deliver safe and efficient engineering access, whilst maximising access opportunities
- Develop effective working relationships internally and with delivery partners.
- Support/assist the Engineering Access Manager as necessary within business requirements
- Maintain and hold appropriate license for the activities carried out.
- Experience carrying out duties of COSS
- Technical competence, demonstrable by Core Planner Skills Level 2 License.
- Through Knowledge of the Rule Book, Group Standards and other documentation relating to Possessions, RIMINI planning and electrical isolations.
- Excellent working knowledge of SSOW planning tools (including Green Zone Planner, Sectional Appendix, Weekly Operating Notice, Rules of the Route, Hazard Directory etc.)
- Understanding of key operational roles and how they can affect engineering access (Signaller, E/S, COSS, Protection Controller etc.)
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify change.
- Good Communication skills
- Must be willing to travel and lodge away from home depot to meet the operational needs of the business
- Hold full UK driving license.