The Project SHE Advisor is responsible for the safety, health, and environment assurance of a project and coordinates work systems to ensure that the requirements are implemented and maintained at "point of delivery". Ensure that the catastrophic risk identified is managed and controlled at the "point of delivery" level.
The successful candidate(s) will report directly to the Project Manager and professionally to the Project SHE Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance to the local project management teams across the project with regards to Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) seeking advice and direction from the Project SHE Manager as and where necessary
- As part of the wider SHE management team assist in the development of project specific deliverables/initiatives to deliver the Integrated Plan commitments in a consistent manner across each project
- Implement the requirements of company SHE policies and procedures in accordance with procedure, current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements at the "point of delivery"
- Advise the project management on all matters connected with accident prevention and investigation including the legal requirements for safety, health, environment and welfare
- Ensure that all serious accidents, environmental incidents, dangerous occurrences and Close Calls are fully investigated and appropriate remedial measures are implemented to prevent a recurrence
- Assist in the monitoring and review of SHE training provided by the Company
- Ensure that appropriate records are kept on behalf of the project and the company requirements
- Assist in the maintenance and development of relationships with SHE Departments in other companies particularly where local interfaces dictate in liaison with the Project SHE Manager,
- Bring to the attention of the Project Director/Manager and the Project SHE Manager areas of concern and recommendations for improving safety, health and environmental standards and development.
- Assist in the collation, compilation and analysis of the Project SHE performance for presentation to the programme and corporate requirements
- Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHE management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional membership
- Assist where necessary with tenders and presentations to external bodies
- Liaise with the ORR, HSE, EA and other enforcing authorities and professional bodies as and where necessary, notifying the Project SHE Manager of all contact for record purposes
- Ensure the effective implementation of the company communication system at Project level
Educational, Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Qualified to Certificate or Diploma in SHE Management.
- Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or equivalent (MIIRSM).
- At least 3 years' experience in rail safety management or similar industry
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills.