The Environmental Advisor will advise the Project Teams on all environmental aspects and impacts. You will be maintaining the Project Environmental Management System to ensure compliance of company and contract and legal requirements, whilst also liaising with third parties, sub-contractors and client (Network Rail) and regulatory agencies as required.
Key accountabilities include:
Educational, Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- To actively engage in the inspection and establishment of environmental protection measures.
- To ensure that information, training and instruction and task-specific advice on environmental management meets the needs of employees and those working on our behalf.
- To ensure that the EMS and associated supporting information incorporates construction processes.
- To ensure that the requirements of the EMS are being applied on operational projects and associated activities.
- To monitor operational compliance to the EMS, and the requirements of BS EN ISO Standards, ensuring implementation of effective improvement / preventive measures.
- The reporting of environmental related performance information, including but not restricted to audits, non-conformances, incidents.
- The effective use of Workspace functionalities in their relation to operational records.
- To ensure that environmental aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders are in accordance with the EMS.
- Full member of IEMA
- Environmental degree or equivalent qualification
- Rail Construction experience advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Sound understanding of the legal framework for project environment issues.
- Good presentation and information management skills
- Expoure specifically to Track, Overhead Line Electrification or Civil Engineering projects advantageous