The Procurement Manager will provide procurement support to bid teams, manage the procurement process on Commissions to the end of mobilisation.
- Apply the companys' Corporate Procurement Process.
- In liaison with the business divisions identify forward purchasing needs.
- Category Management of designated Services groupings.
- To identify all aspects of supply chain from bid documentation and operational needs.
- In liaison with Head of Procurement plan strategy for purchase, identify suppliers, develop sourcing plans, plan, engage and implement procurement strategy.
- Project specific supplier evaluation and selection.
- In consultation prepare detailed bid documents for the supply chain
- Work with the supply chain and negotiate to obtain the most competitive cost combined with security of supply/service, considering quality, whole life costing and risk profile.
- Report and agree contract award proposals.
- In liaison with Commercial and Operational staff execute contractual documentation with supply chain to Procurement Plan.
- Liaise with Transaction Services in relation to supplier data in SAP enabling the business divisions to place orders.
- Manage the procurement process on a commission to the end of mobilisation.
- Provide support to commercial staff on a commission during operational phase.
- Manage the supplier review process.
- Support the business divisions with sound procurement support.
- Report on project and category procurement cost savings.
- Significant procurement experience in rail infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the procurement of construction services, subcontracts and materials.
- A track record in conducting negotiations with supply chain.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record in delivering procurement cost savings.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Business, Finance or Technical Degree.
- Must have experience of rail procurement.