Morson international is recruiting on behalf of a large rail client for a Projects Control Manager based in Lancashire.|
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The principle purpose of the role is to support one or more project managers by executing Project Management controls on their projects.
- Programme Manager
- Project Team
- Regular liaison with Bids & Project Management (BPM) function
- Occasional liaison with other business functions, including Technical, Finance, Commercial, Legal, Quality, Health & Safety, Operations
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be accountable for governance, deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management
- To be responsible for the independent assurance review and reporting process
- To lead on the assessment of risk and contingency in assurance reviews and activities
- To collect and monitor the use of 'lessons learned' as part of a continuous improvement culture
- To lead on the production of the monthly project reports
- To support the project contract review
- To manage a PMO team on the project comprising planners and Project support staff
- To ensure appropriate Project Governance
- To ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes
- Proven Leader within a matrix style organisation
- Customer-focused balanced with recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent communicator
- Strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen
- Willingness to work in a collaborative working environment
- In depth knowledge of a range of transportation solutions, including train control, communication and safety systems
- Experience in Project Controls
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- An ability to embrace and encourage change.
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.