|Job Ref:||1046121||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Country:||United States||City:||DE||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 21:01|
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION |
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
PRINCIPAL SPECIALIST, QUALITY ASSURANCE
Under general direction, direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support team. He/She establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks. Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices. The incumbent relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy. solves May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
This position will be seconded to a client site in Wilmington, DE. No per diem or relocation will be offered.
• Responsible for maintaining quality standard of products and the procedures and materials that go into work scope. Aligns quality management function with the performance needs of product lines.
• Provides specialized technical expertise in support of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment.
• Creates inspection reports stating the conditions of a work area to ensure requirements are met. Makes recommendations for corrective action.
• Applies knowledge of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required standards for project execution.
• Implements principles of performance evaluation and prediction methods are used to improve product systems safety, reliability, and maintainability.
• Work with project teams, clients and Inspectors to provide inspection planning and management under regular supervision.
• Schedule and lead QA-focused team meetings to create and implement plans
• Knowledge of and experience of fabrication processes for mechanical and process equipment
• Knowledge of and experience working with equipment specifications
• Knowledge of:
o welding processes and inspection techniques
o NDE processes and techniques
o test & measurement processes and techniques
o industry codes and standards
o QC processes and techniques
o reading design fabrication drawings