Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||40126898||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Australia||County/State:||Western Australia||City:||Western Australia||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world's leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company's operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Supervisor Warehouse, your main focus as a Supply Service Technician will be safe and efficient execution of Warehouse tasks and projects, as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor, to provide a safe and efficient Warehousing service to Site.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Comply with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- A commitment to delivering a safe and efficient warehouse service
- Comply with BHP Billiton Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Fostering an environment that promotes teamwork, customer service and action orientation
- Safe and efficient execution of warehouse tasks as per Supply procedures
- Safe and efficient execution of project work
- Safe and efficient execution of minor warehouse maintenance and binning maintenance
- Ensure warehouse(s) and yard(s) are kept neat and tidy
- Ensure all MHE (forklifts, delivery vehicles) are operated safely
-Efficient investigation and resolution of customer queries
-Participate in all team meetings and safety meetings/forums
-Adherence to warehouse roster/warehouse work plan (unless directed by Warehouse Supervisor)
-Achieve competencies as required under the department competency matrix
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
Skills and Experience
- Participate in all training provided to achieve the competencies required for the role
- Forklift License
- Heavy Vehicle License (HR)
- Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (desirable)
- Goods communication skills both at written and verbal levels
- System 0perating experience (desirable)
- SAP (desirable)
- Previous logistics / FMCG experience
These positions will be FIFO based from Perth to our operating mine sites across the Pilbara region on a family friendly roster. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to commensurate with experience, and includes performance incentive and a generous superannuation scheme, as well as other benefits.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 40126898 and 40199202
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.