An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager Sales Execution (Crude/Condensate) to join the team. The Marketing Manager will be part of a focused sales execution team that manages all of BHP Billiton's petroleum product sales in the Atlantic basin with a primary focus on liquids (crude and condensate sales) in Texas. The Marketing Manager will optimise commercial outcomes by building tactical plans, within overarching strategic objectives, risk and working capital operational limits. Tactical plans will be successful when driven by sound understanding of short-term forward looking market conditions, optimising product and supply chain options and strong customer engagement thus enabling sustainable long term value creation.
Reports to: Senior Manager Sales Operations
Responsible for crude & condensate marketing for the Eagle Ford and Permian Shale and Gulf of Mexico assets. Responsible for all aspects of marketing including customer and midstream service provider engagement, managing counterparty risks, developing sales strategy and optimizing portfolio.
- Front office (Marketing Managers, Schedulers)
- Mid/Back Office (Market Risk, Credit Risk)
- Transportation Team
- Planning & Strategy Team
- Market Analysis Team
- Customers (Traders, Refiners, Marketing Units of E&P Companies)
- Midstream Service Providers
- Joint Venture partners (where applicable)
- Regulators (where applicable)
- Represents BHP Billiton externally with customers, suppliers and partners, as needed, to create a positive external image of the Company.
- Collects relevant market information from external interactions and exchange with relevant key internal stakeholders.
- Manages credit and counterparty performance risk
- Seeks value accretive commercial opportunities in third party supply marketing and storage optimization
- Optimizes equity production and contracted midstream infrastructure in a manner that maximizes netback and creates long term positive commercial outcomes
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Negotiates and concludes sales contracts with customers in accordance with internal authority limits.
- Primarily responsible for sales of condensate and crude production as part of a focussed sales and trading team
- Demonstrates commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter, Code of Business Conduct and prevailing internal policies and external regulations.
- Demonstrates an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Assists the Senior Manager Sales Execution with projects as required.
- Team player - manages, develops, motivates, and coaches wider team members
- Leads in positively influencing and shaping the Marketing culture to ensure a working environment that promotes inclusiveness, engagement and continuous improvement.
- Proactively identifies value accretive new business, across country/region, in line with strategic objectives of the marketing organization as well as the Upstream business
- Supports productivity objectives by proposing alternative business opportunities and process simplification across value/cost drivers
- Translates broader commodity-specific strategy into value-accretive tactical delivery plans
- Coordinates any commercial disputes / claims related to sales and/or purchases including royalty disputes with the aim to minimise exposure to BHP Billiton and reach satisfying settlements for all parties.
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
- Achieve Results
- Lead Change
- Learn and Adapt
- Problem Solve
- Manage Risk
Bachelor's degree in a commercial, economic, technical and/or relevant business discipline
Experience & Technical Competencies
- Minimum 5 - 10 years experience in sales/marketing/origination roles in crude markets with a preferred focus on Texas and Gulf of Mexico
- Knowledge of crude transport infrastructure and market dynamics
- Strong relationships with customers both trading and marketing counterparts as well as with service providers
- Demonstrated track record of risk management and revenue generation
- Experience in the US gas market advantageous
- Experience in financial crude and gas trading is preferred but not required
Fluent English, both verbal and written
Knowledge of other languages relevant to the specific market advantageous