BHP Billiton's Marketing activities are undertaken through a centralised Marketing organisation with a network of offices across the world supporting our major customer markets and the distribution of product from our operations. A majority of Marketing staff are located in Asia with Singapore being the primary hub.
The Marketing Strategy function, which sits within Market Analysis & Economics, is currently seeking an experienced professional to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with a demonstrable track record in strategy and analysis, preferably with a focus on minerals and energy. Individuals interested in working flexibly are encouraged to apply.
- Contribute to the design and execution of a dynamic strategy and analysis agenda across the minerals and energy fields.
- Develop and maintain the integrated plan for activities across the Market Analysis and Economics function
- Design, manage and execute large scale internal and external research projects.
- Establish and monitor a wide range of signposts relevant to strategic decision making.
- Undertake commodity analysis and other ad-hoc projects as required
- Produce insightful strategic and analytical reports for a variety of audiences.
- Engage constructively with key internal stakeholders, including commercial, strategic and executive functions.
- Contribute to BHP Billiton's thought leadership endeavours.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional integrity, in line with BHP Billiton's charter values and governance standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess:
- Advanced qualitative research skills and a strategic, global mindset
- An ability to extract actionable strategic insights under conditions of uncertainty
- Advanced English language verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A strong ability to learn on the job and adapt to rapid change
- A strong working knowledge of the minerals and energy industry
- At least an honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity please apply on-line.