|Job Ref:||EMP376467||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||Saudi Arabia||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Salary:||£47/hour||Post Date:||12/10/2016 21:28|
A contract Weapons/Systems Engineer is required for in country engineering support for Saudi Mid Life Update of Al Jawf Class SRMH to deliver defined tasks within the weapons engineering (WE) programme of work for the Saudi MLU Project. This is an initial 3 month contract paying £47.98/hr. |
An in depth knowledge across Naval Weapons Engineering equipment and systems
- This will include defect rectification, the installation of modifications, systems commissioning and presentation for acceptance.
- To ensure that engineering information is fed through to line management to enable key engineering related risks and opportunities to be fully recognised and managed for projects (including emergent work, defects, modifications, integration and safety risks).
- To liaise closely with ship project staff regularly during the course of the project to ensure that emerging engineering issues and queries are identified, communicated and addressed through appropriate engineering channels.
- To support engineering assurance for the quality and integrity of weapons engineering production work in addition to formal quality related events.
Key Technical Skills
- Experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ship WE systems and equipment Good technical knowledge of naval platforms and WE systems.
- Good understanding of UK MOD Design standards.
- Broad WE systems engineering background, with working knowledge of lead discipline (WE) engineering.
- The ability to quickly understand emergent issues resulting from system commissioning and systems of system integration, overseeing the sentencing and where appropriate resolution of these issues at the necessary levels (II through to whole-ship system commissioning).
- Sound understanding of ship planned maintenance activities.
- IT skills – MS Office suite, Access and Visio.
- Direct experience of Sandown class mine hunter vessels would be a distinct advantage.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills
- Good communication skills enabling technical discussions with customers, colleagues and suppliers at a working level.
- The ability to work with a diverse (international) team operating in a dockyard based ship delivery environment, encouraging a strong team ethos and engendering high performance culture.
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent drive and commitment to the role, in a challenging working environment.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
- Ability to build positive and effective relationships with colleagues through leveraging excellent communication skills and utilising the appropriate team working behaviours.
- Be proactive and adopt a professional approach to dealing with the customer community and colleagues within a joint/collaborative team.
- Able to adopt a flexible and pragmatic approach to the task delivery.
- Able to remain focused in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven track record of working for extended periods of time away from the UK on deployment would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of working in KSA would be advantageous.
- An in depth knowledge across Naval Weapons Engineering equipment and NA can be demonstrated through multiple possible career paths: Post Petty Officer RN Engineer or 3 years’ experience in a team position of the upkeep of complex marine engineering WE systems with specific experience in leading complex WE system integration.
- Commissioning Engineer with good breadth and depth of experience in RN ships as well as good experience of maintenance and material state issues.
- Specific relevant knowledge of Sandown Class SRMH’s would be a distinct advantage.
- A good knowledge of current RN Naval engineering practices.
- A good understanding of vessel refit programmes & planned maintenance activities.
- Commissioning expertise, fault diagnosis and defect identification on WE systems in support of effective programme execution.
- Experience of systems and equipment presentation for testing & trials.
- HND/HNC or equivalent in engineering discipline preferred – otherwise extensive experience within a similar role required.
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards.
- Member of appropriate institute.
Key Tasks and Activities
To provide the WE engineering support for the day to day engineering activities required at the waterfront in Jubail, KSA in support of the Saudi Mid Life Update of Al Jawf Class SRMH.
These engineering activities include:
- Supporting the timely investigation and rectification of emergent defects
- Providing technical support towards for the installation of modifications
- Systems commissioning (setting to work) and presentation for acceptance (harbour & sea trials) ensuring associated pre-requisites are in place and assuring readiness for trials & acceptance activities.
- Liaison between Portsmouth Engineering teams and the project to deliver engineering solutions.
- Work closely with Production Teams ensuring requirements are fully understood and output is of the required standard.
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Deputise for Waterfront Lead Engineer as required
- Support Opposite number in marine engineer (ME) role as required Support SHE, Product Safety and Quality Programmes & initiatives
- Deliver engineering support of specific tasks in-country as directed by Waterfront Lead Engineer.
- The resolution of emergent WE defects & customer queries ensuring timely resolution.
- Delivery of planned WE related maintenance tasks across all vessels within the MLU programme and the maintenance of associated records.
- Support effective delivery between Refit Production team and UK Engineering team.
- Support close working relationship with RSNF, SRF, MODSAP & RNP to engender trust and effective cooperation at appropriate level.