|Job Ref:||EMP376506||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Perth||Address:||Salary:||£20 - £25/year||Post Date:||12/10/2016 21:29|
An exciting opportunity for a experienced Road Safety Technician. The role will involve investigating issues, consulting with public and elected members, proposing and evaluating solutions, designing and supervising schemes and working with existing staff as well as contractors to deliver a number of road safety projects along the length of the A977. Ideally the candidate will have experience in working in a Local Authority environment and be capable of working with minimal supervision.|
Need to have knowledge of road safety and mitigation measures
Main Accountabilities - General
The post holder will assist in undertaking a range of duties and responsibilities associated with all aspects of workload within the Roads Service.
• Deputise for the Senior Engineer or Engineer in his/her absence.
• Supervise technical and supervisory staff.
• Assist in the preparation of Revenue and Capital budgets and monitoring of expenditure.
• Carry out site surveys and investigations and assess requests for measures related to the road network.
• Design various works deemed necessary on the road network, including the preparation of contract documents and drawings.
• Supervise the construction of works designed either in-house or externally.
• Ensure that progress of work is in accordance with financial targets and deadlines set for completion of the projects.
• Advise on priorities of work in light of financial guidelines and Council policy.
• Maintain and update inventory databases.
• Liaise with Statutory Undertakers, affected landowners, households, businesses and community representatives as required.
• Represent the Service as required at meetings with other services, outside bodies and community representatives.
• Respond to Councillor and public enquiries as required.
• Provide engineering advice and professional services to other Council Services.
• Undertake the role of Client/Designer/Principal Designer, as required, in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
• Attend Public Meetings as required.
• Assist in the preparation of design briefs etc for issue to Consultants and monitoring of consultant output as required
• Amend inventory/asset management databases to reflect works carried out on the network
• Ensure that the requirements of the New Roads and Street Works Act and Transport (Scotland) Act are fully implemented.
• Ensure that the requirements of the Roads (Scotland) Act are fully implemented.
• Ensure that the requirements of the Road Traffic Regulation Act are fully implemented.
• Ensure that risk assessments are carried out and appropriate safe working arrangements are complied with for all work activities.
• Assist in the preparation of Team Plans and other appropriate policy documents.
• Ensure targets identified in the Team and other Plans are met.
• Ensure that the Council’s Scheme of Administration, Financial Guidelines, the Service’s Safe Working Practices, Quality Manual and Procedures are implemented for all areas of responsibilities.
• Assist in the development of Best Value and participate in reviews, if required.