|Job Ref:||1619151||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:09|
We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. we design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. We are recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.|
STATEMENT OF JOB
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, responsible to provide supervision to production employees in department(s) including work scheduling and assignment, employee training, ensuring production quality and quantity requirements are met, administering safety, communication and equipment maintenance, administrative duties include SAP labor verifications, and SAP transactions.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Standard Products (Building 29, 36, 18) Production employees engaged in operations such as assembling, hydro testing and welding.
1. Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and to achieve objectives.
2. Must provide effective supervision of assigned employees to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
3. Must possess thorough and relevant manufacturing knowledge.
4. Position requires occasional exercise of decision making, problem solving, policy or procedure interpretation and facilitation skills.
5. Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
6. Position requires computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and MRP software; with SAP knowledge a plus.
7. May generally lead 20 to 30 employees.
8. Keep Production Supervisor informed of all pertinent information and developments.
9. Position requires extensive standing and walking as part of normal job duties.
10. Candidate must be skilled in nature in order to function in an environment where a variety of occupational skills may be required.
11. Position requires ability to work in a normal production plant environment.
12. Inventory monitoring, labor error corrections, correct negative messages, reject suspense, track part shortages, and update manufacturing schedules and e-time.
13. Will be responsible for monitory the process of incoming and outgoing inventory this will be accomplished by working with a designated planner.
14. Occasionally operates production equipment and tools.
15. Supplementary assistance to line operators.
16. Train employees in operation of equipment, as needed, in operation setup and trainer level proficiency.
17. Support to shift Production Supervisor in areas of production: scheduling, manpower planning and vacation planning.
18. Lead and support projects and assignments as assigned by Production Supervisor.
19. Raw material CNS planning, parts procurement, staging and line support; with the support of SAP tools.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Preference given to candidates possessing post secondary education in manufacturing or relevant business related coursework.
3 – 5 years experience on a manufacturing environment.
Be a strong advocate of the Tyco Behaviors of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability.
Working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and practices.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process to identify and correct safety issues
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety and safety improvement implementation
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.