|Job Ref:||1618726||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:09|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Welder III reports to the ATM Production Supervisor. With extensive fixturing, assembles and fabricates component parts for code tanks and final assemblies. Welds non-code assemblies by hand with multiple hand weld processes or semi-automatic machine welding.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• If a respirator use is necessary, the employee will be required to complete and pass a respirator physical exam and be clean shaven to assure a good face seal on the respirator.
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Welding experience or demonstrated welding course work at an accredited trade school is required. Must demonstrate ability to pass a "6G" welding test. Experience with print reading and working with small hand tools, grinders, etc. is required. Most work is performed while bending and in uncomfortable positions. Requires handling light to heavy weight materials.
SPECIAL NOTE: Normal Training Time – Three (3) Months
1. From prints, sets up and welds material to be fabricated and assembled onto component parts with non-pressure welds. Also, welds finals on non-code tanks using jigs, fixtures, or by hand.
2. Uses an oxygen acetylene torch and/or track burner, and/or plasma arc.
3. After passing ASME weld test, performs basic code operations such as tabbing, spud welding, etc.
4. Visually inspects welds to assure that code and quality control standards are met.
5. Removes weld splatter from all welds.
6. Notifies Maintenance personnel if welding machine malfunctions.
7. Must know color code of material used.
8. Must complete proper paperwork, as required.
9. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.