|Job Ref:||1619294||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:09|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. |
STATEMENT OF JOB
Working under supervision of the Brackets supervisor and planner, the Brackets/Gas Valves Assembler works from blueprints, work instructions and production orders to properly assemble, test, and package various types of brackets and gas valves. Responsible for set-up, operating, and maintaining all equipment associated with bracket and gas valve assembly.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know their duties in case of emergency
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Must be able to read and interpret prints, work instructions and production orders. Must have basic math skills and have a mechanical aptitude. Must be able to learn how to use tools and machinery required in the areas. Must maintain testing records. Must be able to fill out daily time card including production counts and orders. Report any scrap on scrap tickets and discrepancy reports. Lifting of parts and assemblies and components up to 50 lbs. required. Repetitive assembly motions will be required.
1. Verifies correct parts are available for production order. Inspects raw and WIP parts for manufacturing defects, paint defects and proper fit.
2. Sets-ups rivet machine and other equipment to appropriate parameters.
3. Tests gas valve to proper specifications.
4. Attends to proper storage of components in assembly area (restocking parts, removing boxes and pallets, etc.)
5. Clean and organize area at end of shift to proper 5-S standards.
6. Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.