|Job Ref:||1619157||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:11|
We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. we design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. We are recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.|
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Material Handler works under the supervision of the Supervisor. From written and/or verbal instructions the individual distributes material to the production areas and moves finished goods to the shipping area. Loads and unloads trucks inside and outside the building. The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the storage locations. He/she is responsible for maintaining safe material handling practices. From bills of lading or packing lists, the material handler verifies incoming receipts for quantities and part numbers.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must have simple math skills. Must be able to read bills of lading, packing lists, etc. Must have valid Tyco forklift driver's license. The Material Handler must be able to work in a sitting position 90% of the time. Computer familiarity is a plus.
The following competence level(s) should be attained within the time frame indicated in order to be fully qualified for this position. Qualitative and quantitative measures shall be accomplished by using the SMART methodology for evaluating accomplishments.
Within the first 30 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of building locations within the building you work.
b. Demonstrate consistent team work and positive attitude behaviors.
c. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Basic Driver Safety
¨ Yellow Cards
¨ Safe Driving
¨ Zero Harm
e. HazMat - General Awareness Function Specific
Within 60 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of receiving locations in all other buildings.
b. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Dock Safety
e. 3 Day 49 CFR Certification (Warehouse requirement)
Within 90 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of storage locations in all other buildings.
b. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Perform all receiving dock SAP functions, from receiving shipments to sending parts to a vendor
1. Distributes material to the various production areas in a manner that complements productivity.
2. Moves finished goods to the shipping area.
3. Determines proper loading procedures for trailer load shipments.
4. Notifies Supervisor or scrap material so that proper transactions can be made.
5. Performs daily maintenance check on lift trucks.
6. Checks material movement transactions for accuracy of part numbers, quantities and locations.
7. Maintains operating skills necessary to operate three different lift truck sizes.
8. Loads and unloads finished goods and in-process materials from semi-trailers and vans.
9. Occasionally, from verbal and/or written instructions, transports material between various manufacturing facilities.
10. Occasionally required to activate ADT system.
11. Assists in annual inventory (Mandatory).
12. Pick replenishment parts for the warehouse. This report is generated daily in SAP, parts need to be located, sorted and put in containers to be sent to the warehouse to fulfill customer requirements.