|Job Ref:||128054BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:24|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Transportation Business Line currently has a vacancy in our London office for a Senior Permanent Way Design Engineer to join our expanding Permanent Way team following several major project wins.
The successful candidate will preferably be a Chartered Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and experience of working on Network Rail's infrastructure, London Underground and Metro / light rail networks. They will have experience in developing P Way designs from feasibility stage through to detailed design, delivering these to quality, time and budget targets.
The London office has an established track record of successfully delivering major rail projects. Our modern office in London Stratford has excellent transport links and accommodates a multidisciplinary transportation design centre. Our aspiration is to enhance and grow the track team with individuals having a sound technical background and who share our enthusiasm and determination to support an expanding workload.
The Permanent Way team workload includes track designs from inception to detailed design and involves plain line and S&C schemes, platform extension works, track removal / replacement / lowering designs, structure gauging, vehicle clearance analysis and line speed improvements. The team portfolio encompasses projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East for a variety of clients. Our service offering includes feasibility studies, scheme designs and detailed designs to private and public sector clients such as HS2, Network Rail, London Underground, TfL, Nexus, TfGM and Croydon Tramlink Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international rail infrastructure projects.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required to ensure that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards:
• Senior Design Engineer role on P Way Design Projects
• Regular liaison with Project Engineers and other discipline CRE's
• Attendance and contribution at Inter Disciplinary Check Meetings
• Act as a mentor to other design team members
• Assess staff requirements at each stage of the project
• Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
• Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Head of Discipline and clients.
• Report writing/ review/ checking and documentation preparation in association with Form A, Form B and AFC deliverables
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
• Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
•Review internal processes for effectiveness and efficiency and suggest possible areas for improvement where necessary.
•Understand the commonly used forms of Contract and their implications.
Understand and implement the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures and lead by example and ensure project staff are competent in all health & safety matters
• Experience of working on a variety of projects as Senior Engineer on some with experience of dealing directly with clients
• Proven experience in Switch and Crossing (S&C) P Way design.
• Ability to check S&C PWay designs.
• Experienced in the use of Bentley Railtrack, ClearRoute & Microstation
• Experience of working on major and minor rail infrastructure on multidisciplinary projects
• Experienced in the use of Network Rail, Railway Group Standards as well as the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM
• An excellent standard of written English and communication skills
Understanding of the GRIP4Track process.
PTS Track certification
HNC, BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering Chartered Engineer status ( preferable ) and member of a professional institution
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.