Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We offer extensive global experience in upstream, midstream, downstream, marketing and distribution, and alternative energy segments serving the entire lifecycle of oil and gas company assets. Our expertise in providing the full range of mission-critical services is sought after by private-sector and national/state-owned oil and gas companies.
AECOM is seeking a Construction Manager to be based in our Joffre, Alberta location.
This position will be responsible for the management of all construction related phases of a project. They
will manage the plan, constructability, scheduling, coordination, and field supervision from the front end planning, through to construction and turnover.
May include the following responsibilities:
A LOA is available for this position.
- Coach and mentor the Construction Operations staff on all divisional projects and the facility to safe work practices, quality workmanship, productivity, cost and schedule. Coordinate supervision of multiple crafts on site and mediate any concerns within Construction Operations.
- Participate & conduct annual Performance Management reviews for the Construction Managers and Construction Planning Leads. Monitor and manage the hiring, training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases of the Project Construction team.
- Align the group to the Managed Transfer Process, and be directly involved with the team's progression opportunities.
- Ensures all internal processes and/or Client Business Processes are communicated and followed by the appropriate level of Supervision.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager on contracting strategy and scope of work definitions
- Evaluate and provide insight to the identification and mitigation of constructability and planning issues. Is
responsible to ensure that the constructability review effectively identifies issues which will negatively impact
safety and productivity and has the required changes made to the design.
- Directs the development of the Construction Execution Plan. Manages the preparation of construction
implementation plans required for the Construction Execution Plan (i.e. Scaffolding plan, Heavy lift plan,
Equipment plan etc.)
- Ensures that the Project is managed to the Construction Schedule and Project Indirect budget.
- Assumes ownership of compliance to Work Face Planning processes and procedures.
- Is accountable to effectively and efficiently manage equipment utilization and materials receipts.
- Completes and participates in Construction and Workface Planning Audits. Ensure all deficiencies are
- Provide oversight to ensure that all System QC documentation is completed in a timely manner and that the
System turnover documentation is completed prior to transfer of Care, Custody and Control to the Client.
- Review out of scope work, as identified by the Client, and provide a recommendation as to which work will
be managed as part of the project close-out, based on a risk benefit analysis.
- Support the Construction Planning Lead during the front end detailed planning as well as the day to day
Dynamic planning on site, ensuring that the work packages are built to the process requirements and that
the workflow is properly sequenced. Set the work package release schedule with the Construction Planning
- Reviews logistics to setting up site facilities.
- Facilitate state of readiness for construction kickoff.
- Monitors the on site material procurement / receiving and distribution and provides support, when required,
to ensure material RAS date issues are brought to the Client's attention and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the key construction activities leading into turnover.
- Ensure corrective actions are put in place to address discrepancies emerging from punch lists. (Both
internal and external)
- Support the Senior Project Manager for closeout of project.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to access commissioning requirements.
- Prepare and execute mobilization and demobilization plans.
- Provide daily status reporting to the Project Manager.
- Provide Interface with the client on a daily basis while on site.
- Hold lead meetings with direct reports.
- Provide periodic updates to the Functional Manager.
- Approve and submit any invoice/timesheets which have business unit expenditures to the appropriate
- Complete and submit any monthly summaries to the appropriate departments. (e.g. P-card summaries,
expense reports, etc)
- Approve Purchase requisitions as required for the project.
Where possible, please include/attach proof of minimum requirements with resume application.
- Minimum of College diploma/certificate required
- Journeyman certification in a relation Construction
- Minimum of 15 years required within Industrial Construction Projects
- 10 years as a Construction Manager within
Industrial Construction (Oilsands/PetroChemical)
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) Certification required
- This position will be required to drive a vehicle on behalf of AECOM and therefore will require the candidate to submit a satisfactory drivers abstract for review
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Must be able to read and follow project schedules, i.e. a solid understanding of Primavera and Microsoft
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.