|Job Ref:||144723BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:34|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM - Management Services Group (MS Group) is seeking to immediately interview and hire outstanding linguists to support AECOM -Management Services Group. Each qualifying candidate chosen will become a direct hire with AECOM - MS Group and will be provided full benefits and opportunity for advancement, after applicable time. The specific language positions available will be located in the Northern Virginia area of which will require near-native to native level Dari/Pashto; passing on the ILR scale between 3 and 5. Each linguist will become translators for research, translation, and summarization. The primary duties will include internet research in English and Dari/Pashto, translation of articles, summarization of key points, and report creation. Knowledge of social media outlets is preferred. Familiarity with current Afghan political, social, economic, and cultural developments is required. Training will be provided. No deployment required. No clearance required.
• MUST BE of US Citizenship to support on a US Government Contract.
• MUST BE fluent in near - Native or Native Dari/Pashto.
• MUST BE fluent in near - Native or Native English and have strong ability in written English composition.
• MUST possess strong cultural knowledge and very capable and knowledgeable in Microsoft Applications and Internet research.
• MUST HAVE the ability to accurately translate a wide variety of complex texts from Dari/Pashto into English. These texts may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing.
• ALL Linguists shall be able to accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis. A level of cultural mastery is required for the translator to capture socio-cultural essentials embedded in text to include political, religious, historic, and ethnic elements.
• In terms of listing/summarizing: Each Linguist MUST BE able to identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminologies.
• MUST HAVE the ability to triage documentation to isolate full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand and be Masters use of and assists in development of reference materials.
• MUST HAVE the ability to review audio material and write/transcribe information into Pashto Language with a high-degree of accuracy and expression AND have an excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects.
Must be able to understand virtually all levels of spoken Dari/Pashto, including complex or highly idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy.
• Must have an excellent command in terms of comprehension of one or more dialects and be able to successfully capture expressions specific to a culture, and all subtleties and nuances appropriately.
. Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of the Social Media scene and outlets in Pashto and Dari.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.