Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES / TASKS
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Follow specific direction of Operations Superintendent, Area Supervisor, LOTO Coordinator, Process Supervisor or Control Room Operator as appropriate.
- Operate material handling equipment (electric vehicles, forklifts, pallet trucks, cranes, etc.).
- Perform minor maintenance as required.
- Monitor and operate automatic boilers, pumps, heat exchangers, fans, and industrial type equipment in general.
- Perform boiler water analysis as required.
- Load/unload raw materials and supplies such as propane and fuel oil.
- Monitor tank levels and process instrumentation, performing adjustments as required.
- Monitor and control operation of all functions related to various pollution abatement systems.
- Operate pumps, valves, controls and other operating devices as required to ensure all plant systems are operating properly.
- Communicate with Control Room in case of problems/malfunctions.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance as required.
- Operate equipment from control panels or use manually operated levers, switches, buttons, etc.
- Perform housekeeping as required.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly RCRA inspections, and support other chemical weapons agreement inspections and/or monitoring teams requiring access to chemical agents.
- Operate utility systems including: power system, UPS, HVC, plant and instrument air, fuel oil and hydraulics.
- Perform tagging operation in support of a LOTO safety program.
- Remove/replace containers used in collecting residue.
- Perform daily inspections of Hazardous Waste Storage areas.
- Package, label, transport and store hazardous material.
- Monitor and control handling, labeling, and disposition of decontaminated materials.
- Handle hazardous waste and other types of process chemicals.
- Required to extract various process samples for laboratory analysis such as brine, ash, and water.
- Required to make confined space entries and perform hot work.
- Required to perform entries into work areas in various PPE categories to support plant operations.
- Operate equipment involved in residue handling operations.
- Monitor and control the operation of all functions related to Bulk Chemical Storage area.
- Mix and prepare various chemical solutions.
- Ability to certify/maintain certification.
- Operate industrial hazardous waste incinerators.
- Bring obvious deviations or inconsistencies to the attention of the Operations Supervisor.
- Properly responds to emergencies in accordance with established contingency procedures, including participating as a member of the Hazmat or Decon teams as requested.
This job description outlines the principal duties and in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed in this position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a federal urinalysis test, a medical exam and respiratory screening, and a pre-employment background check to include driving and criminal history. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Additionally, this position is designated as an unescorted access position and is subject to the requirements of the Unescorted Access Program; candidates must successfully clear the National Agency Check (NAC). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by the PCD Commander.
- High School diploma/ equivalent and 1 years experience as an industrial plant operator in power or chemical plant, hazardous waste incinerators, waste treatment facilities, petrochemical plants, boilers, or utility systems (compressed air, electrical distribution, hydraulics, HVACs, bulk chemical storage, distribution, etc.) or related industry
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must be a US or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain PCAPP site access
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and ability to read and comprehend explicit operating procedures and plant processes.
- Must be able t to demonstrate ability to review and maintain accurate records necessary to ensure conformity to established requirements in a highly regulated environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a procedurally complaint environment
- Demonstrated experience working in an environmental and safety complaint environment
- Technical or trade school in related field
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings, diagrams, and operating instrumentation manuals
- Experience working in a toxic/hazardous materials environment
- Experience in operating low voltage electrical equipment
- Experience operating forklift/fork truck
- Experience operating HVAC equipment
- Boiler/Steam plant operations
- Current PCAPP Operations Basic Certification
- Current PCAPP Operations LOTO Worker Certification
- Thorough understanding of Conduct of Operations Principles
- Thorough understanding of Log Keeping Principles
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.