Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2cd8344b||Employer:||Direct Solutions - Canada||Country:||Canada||City:||Halifax||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 23:11|
From the moment you began learning code and experimenting with technologies, you aspired to one day work on industry-leading websites using cutting-edge tools. Everything you've done up until this point has been to reach that goal. Whether it's a large website or small, you don't shy away from the opportunity to create engaging, unforgettable solutions. You're the first to know about and test new trends and technologies because nothing excites you as much as this ever-changing digital world we live in. You're a strong team player but are also able to work independently - taking a project from concept through execution, while ensuring top quality every step of the way. You use your strong communication skills and equally as strong technical experience to convert designs and specifications into one of a kind interactive experiences.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. As a Senior Front End Web Developer, you'll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team of designers, animators, and developers. Together, we are inventing innovative, captivating, interactive experiences and changing the way people engage with technology (while having fun along the way, of course). Want to join our team?
What we expect.
• 3+ years of web development experience.
• Proficient at generating code in existing code bases and from scratch.
• Strong understanding of the following:
• Web architecture & web standards
• CSS3, SCSS
• Ecmascript 2015 & Ecmascript 5
• Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints & Kanban
• Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
• Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
• Test & Behavior Driven Development Practices
• Integrating with API's- Work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
• Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project managers, and clients.
• Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it's just making yourself laugh). You'll be hard-pressed to find egos around here.
• Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
• Familiarity with open source content management systems (Drupal, WordPress)
• Experience with NodeJS
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with Continuous Integration Tools and Processes
• Understanding of server side languages (PHP, Go)
• Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL style databases- Experience working with AWS