Hourly Rate Bands £8.01 - £8.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
We are currently recruiting for a Security officer to work within a Mall environment, based in Portsmuth PO1 area. Working days on a 5 week rolling rota, shift patterns will be between the hours of 7am and 7pm, for a total of 45 hours per week
To apply for this you must have:
CCTV Licence is desirable
As a Security Officer you will be working as part of a team of security professionals in a prominent city centre shopping mall, ensuring that all aspects of security are delivered and every task undertaken and all duties are carried out to the highest standard.
- To assist and monitor the Security Team to respond to incidents.
- To prevent unauthorised NA through Loading Bay.
- To ensure any queries in the first instance are referred to the Supervisor or the Site Manager.
- To deal with customer queries regarding the car parking equipment.
- To provide first line maintenance to car parking equipment as and when instructed.
- To conduct regular car park and back of house patrols.
- To ensure when conducting building patrol Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
- To prevent unauthorised (Banned/Unwelcome persons) from entering the premises.
- To use the issued patrol baton when on patrol.
- Conduct a thorough check of all vulnerable points of the perimeter of the buildings. Ensure all exists are secure and no risks are present.
- Check for any suspicious vehicles.
- Staff should be aware of suspect packages being deposited in and around the building and it's grounds and should such a devise be discovered.
- To conduct regular checks of areas listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To prevent and detect fire, water leaks, and any potential safety hazards.
- To carry out any reasonable request issued by management or supervision.
- Any other duties deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Good communication (both written and oral) and customer service skills.
- Experience in working within a team as well as on your own.
- A valid SIA Licence - Door Supervisor is Essential
- Corporate experience preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security.
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment.
- Attention to detail, proactive and excellent time management.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.