Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To perform mechanical maintenance to both plant and building equipment across a number of client sites.
To ensure the operation of the gas heating and processing systems.
- Perform mechanical maintenance to both plant equipment and building equipment.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance personnel as and when required
- To work overtime as and when required including nights and weekends, notice will always be given
- Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders
- Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis
- Welding of pipework will be required on a daily basis along with the operation of screwing machines. Must have experience of working on steam boiler systems and understanding of how these systems work
- Servicing and installation of gas equipment will also be required with the appropriate training and qualifications
- To follow all company procedures including following all company health and safety requirements and the use of computer equipment for processing work task information
- Ensure the operation of the gas heating and processing systems. This involves repairing, designing and Installing gas pipe work and associated fittings
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Use competently computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information including hours worked on each work request.
- To assist all trades within the facility and through the correct training be able to complete tasks away from your core mechanical skills
- To ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holder's own level of demonstrated competence
- Ad hoc duties as requested by your management team
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
What we are looking for
- Manual Handling
- Previous relevant experience in the discipline area
- Appreciation of industry safety standards and procedures
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Must have a time served fabrication/plumbing apprenticeship and or relevant qualifications.
- Must have experience of pipe welding ideally with coded qualifications.
- Must have plumbing qualifications or equivalent experience
- A recognised gas qualification to enable the installation and testing of gas systems on site.
- An Electrical qualification
- NVQ Level 3 in appropriate discipline
- IPAF/CTA Card
- IOSH/NEBOSH or other health and safety qualification
- Regards personal and plant safety as priority
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
- Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
- Takes responsibility for own actions
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.