Hourly Rate Bands £11.01 - £12.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Chef Manager is required t o manage and develop a catering service based in Stafford ST17. To ensure that all catering services are delivered to the contractual agreement in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary constraints and in compliance with all relevant legislation and Company Policy.
To drive the catering business, ensuring budgetary targets and profit margins are achieved and maintained. To lead and manage all catering staff to optimise operational and financial performance.
Responsible for all financial control systems including but not limited to:
- Stock control.
- Procurement processes.
- Cash systems.
- Achieving Gross Profit levels
- Take overall responsibility for all staffing issues, ensuring the effective deployment of staff within budgetary constraints providing the contracted service to the Client.
- Identify staff development and training needs in compliance with the contract, to ensure these requirements are met and there is an appropriately skilled labour force at all times.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that communications with both the client group local management and staff groups are conducted in a professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To work as part of a team and ensure continuity of service at all times.
- Responsible for continually reviewing menus both for patients and in the retail area to ensure innovation and market trends are incorporated while profit margins are maintained.
- To ensure value for money and efficient use of resources including the procurement of goods, services and equipment, controlling pay and non-pay expenditure within budgetary limits.
- To drive new initiatives within the catering department and lead on all change management processes required to continually improve the service.
- To have a working understanding of the contractual requirements.
- To build staff and visitor satisfaction rates and to continually strive for best practice.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of budget management.
- Ability to comply with any local or company wide financial standing instructions.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- 706/1 706/2 or equivalent. (Food preparation and Cooking)
- The post holder will be the line manager of the cook and all other catering staff.
- Ensure compliance with recruitment & selection, grievance, disciplinary and other HR guidance policies.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with HR, in developing and delivering training to ensure all competences required for catering are fully met.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.