|Job Ref:||00014590||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individuals to fill the position of SCCM Administrator within our IT End User Computing Services group based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
This position will be primarily responsible for the management of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment in the End User Computing Services group. In addition to the day to day management of the SCCM environment, the position will also be responsible for guiding the architecture and design of the SCCM environment and will lead team projects in the group including new technologies, upgrades and implementation.
Additional responsibilities include assessing and remediating client health issues, software deployment, patching and acting as an escalation point or SME for complex technical issues or troubleshooting. This includes analyzing repetitive and troublesome issues to determine trends, opportunities for proactive action, and recommendations for continuous improvement.
This position will also provide support, mentoring, guidance and technical development (seminars, documentation, instructions) to other IT staff, including working with others one on one and in group settings.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot issues and facilitate improvements based on root cause analysis
• 8 years of relevant SCCM work experience.
• 2 years in a lead/senior engineering role
• 3 years direct experience with Active Directory relating to Group Policy and end point management.
• Competent in SQL to develop queries and reports as needed.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage projects and other tasks under minimal supervision.
• Must be a team player, with exceptional communication skills, willing to work with others in the group and the rest of the IT organization
• Ability to identify and implement initiatives to improve the IT environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose problems across multiple disciplines.
• Experience with PowerShell and VBscript
• Provide after-hours support and participate in an on-call rotation
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Prior experience in multiple IT disciplines (Networking, Hardware and Windows Server OS).
• Experience with application packaging and distribution
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status