The Senior Mechanical Technician will be responsible to supervise job orders for services and troubleshoot, install, repair and maintain mechanical systems and equipment. Job requires ability to work on all types of pumps, perform alignment using micrometers, lifting practices, safety procedures, isolation procedures, testing procedures and ability to work around live rotating equipment safely. Job requires troubleshooting skills of equipment, systems and to understand the production process the equipment:|
The Senior Mechanical Technician responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on oilfield process equipment.
- Supervise projects for mechanical applications.
- To be able to recognize potential failures equipment or component failure and suggest remedies.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on critical equipment failures.
- Perform predictive maintenance tasks.
- Create and maintain meaningful measures on critical equipment runtime, MTBF (Mean Time between Failures), and operating costs.
- Provide input on process optimization opportunities as they relate to equipment life cycle costs.
- Responsible for ordering spare parts and setting up materials stock.
- Insure compliance with all company and governmental safety, environmental and health rules and regulations.
- Coaching and mentoring of mechanic trainees and junior Mechanics.
- Keep a daily log of work performed and report tasks performed to supervisor daily. Must read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical manuals.
- Must have the ability to lead and guide a small group of mechanics.
- Should be able to perform "hands-in" work in any capacity required.
- College Diploma with a minimum of 7 years of experience in equipment and maintenance activities OR General Diploma Certificate (Secondary School) with a minimum of 9 years of experience in equipment and maintenance activities.
- Experienced in Oil & Gas industry or Petrochemical industry are preferable.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the repair and maintenance of various types of oilfield mechanical equipment, including positive displacement and centrifugal pumps, electric motors, compressors, coolers and valves.
- Strong working knowledge of Predictive and Preventative maintenance practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Good in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good in PC skills.