Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||28830BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:02|
Responsible for assisting the Division Human Resources (HR) Director in the development and execution of human resource (HR) plans to support division leadership in achievement of business objectives. Performs professional level HR work and carries out responsibilities in several functional areas of HR. Supports and advises employees and management for assigned region or division on various HR issues. May assist in coordination of HR specialist resources needed for implementation of HR programs for assigned area. Works under minimal supervision by Division Human Resources Director and Region/Division management. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides professional level support to Division HR Director in several of the following areas:
• Workforce size and skill mix planning
• Training and development
• Succession planning
• Work and organization design
• Performance management for organization and professionals
• Culture assessment and development
• Employee relations & coaching
• Compensation administration
• Assists in identifying critical HR goals and success factors; participates in developing related actions needed.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective. Establishes open and trusting relationship. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management. Performs role as change agent for implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Assists in development and executing communication plans.
• Advises management and professionals on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures. Seeks to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies.
• Analyzes and provides advice to management on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
• Assures HR programs are carried out in accordance with company's policies and procedures. May propose improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human resources and operations.
• Acts as liaison between division and HR functional areas. Assists Division HR Director and HR specialists in coordination of HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
• Engages HR specialists effectively and proactively as needed.
• Carries out administrative work involving the HR functions and maintains related records.
• May make presentations explaining HR programs.
• May provide guidance and direction to HR specialists to ensure understanding of group's structure, industry, market, policies, etc.
• May assist with involuntary terminations and reduction-in-force activities as needed.
• May be responsible for leading or supervising lower level support and clerical personnel.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates. As a necessary aspect of the management, personnel or pay administration functions, this position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available. This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information.
5+ years progressive HR experience in one or more functional areas.; Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
•Knowledge of all functional areas in HR including experience facilitating performance reviews, calibrations, merit and bonus administration, promotions, terminations and employee relations.
• Good understanding of HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of employment law.
• Good understanding of division administrative policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of division's industry, market, technology, business model and metrics.
• Good understanding of division's business operations.
• Basic financial acumen to understand key financial indicators, and recognize profitability and revenue opportunities.
• Global perspective of common business practices and impact on business.
• Strong human relations skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Good leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Excellent conflict management and human relations (written, verbal, client service) skills
• Basic understanding of Human Resource Information Systems.
• Strong communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females