|Job Ref:||CA_39246||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
Sustainability is a key, public and client-facing strategic commitment for Carillion, and its delivery is complex across our business units and international regions. This Advisor role exists to support the delivery of sustainability initiatives and the 2020 Sustainability plan across Carillion throughout each annual cycle of activity. That support will include tracking, reporting, management of KPIs, communications and the development of plans to deliver Carillion’s agreed sustainability objectives. The role will also include the provision of professional sustainability advice to management, business unit teams and external partners as required.
• Understanding corporate and client requirements for environmental management.
• Assisting the project teams in the production of EMPs and associated documentation.
• Reviewing environmental management requirements in WPPs.
• Providing support and advice to project teams regarding consent applications, such that requirements are identified and applications are made on time to meet project timescales.
• Prepare consent applications and undertake pre-application consultation as required.
• Providing support and advice to project teams regarding SWMPs so that legal requirements are properly identified and implemented, including duty of care and transfer documentation, and that data is properly recorded.
• Identify, develop and deliver environmental training:
• Tool-box talks
• Training for personnel with specific environmental responsibilities.
• Interface with / manage specialist consultants, e.g. ecology, and acoustics.
• Co-ordinate with other contractors regarding cumulative impacts on adjacent worksites.
• Undertake site inspections.
• Monitor, analyse, and report on the following, and develop Excel-based data-bases and reports accordingly: targets, objectives, KPIs/EPIs, inspection findings, audit findings, close-calls, incidents, complaints.
• Undertake noise monitoring.
• Undertake other technical compliance monitoring (or manage specialist consultants accordingly).
• Assist project teams in identifying other monitoring or reporting requirements associated with particular sensitivities, consent or licence conditions, e.g. ground water monitoring, piling risk assessments.
• Provide support and advice in response to incidents and complaints.
• Implement requirements for incident and complaint investigations.
• Liaise with the Carillion rail IMS team, Network Rail environment manager, external consent granting bodies and other stakeholders.
• Support the community relations team in managing stakeholder communications, and community investment opportunities.
Additional Role Information
Assist the sustainability manager in:
• Developing and implementing the Carillion plc IMS requirements for environmental management.
• Four-weekly project and contract level compliance reviews.
• Project and supplier audits.
• Developing arrangements for responsible sourcing, sustainable material use, carbon, and employment, training and skills.
• Developing arrangements for delivering biodiversity net gain.
• Undertake subcontractor and supply chain audits to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements.
• Produce reports for senior management.
• Work with designers to implement sustainable design, including, carbon, water, and materials.
• Implement CEEQUAL requirements and assist in preparing CEEQUAL award submissions.
• Identify opportunities for innovation and best practice, and document achievements as sustainability case studies.