|Job Ref:||CA_39017||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
The Finance department provides financial and budget planning, analysis and management across the business groups of Carillion. Supporting the Finance Director in ensuring the financial performance of the business is reported in a timely and accurate manner providing information key to the decision making across the business. Also supporting the Account Director to ensure that account performance is managed and reported to the business, whilst the account team are directed to deliver the maximum output. The role will interface with the business units and overhead functions to ensure process and procedures are followed while supporting the business with their requirements to meet their both short and long term strategic objectives, customer requirements and growth targets. A key focus of the role will be how we improve our processes and systems across the business.
To fully support the Finance Director, Account Director and Leadership team within the area of responsibility to deliver the key objectives:
• Maintaining relationships with Directors, Customers and Business Units, understanding key business activities and offering support when required and challenge as appropriate
• Analysing the overhead costs and structures to ensure they are aligned to meet the requirements of Governance, H&S, Group strategy or the Business Units requirements
• Leading and taking the initiative in driving margin improvement challenge and system improvements across the business to ensure efficiency and margin enhancement
• Reviewing and challenging monthly business, cost and value reports, producing key schedules and commentary including identifying risks and opportunities and helping the functions manage these challenges
• Managing and developing relationships with Accenture ensuring reporting requirements are met to the appropriate deadlines, involvement in monthly balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring graded appropriately
• Managing and developing the relationship with Suppliers and Customers
• Cash management and driving working capital initiatives across the business
• Delivering monthly, half and full year accounts including audit liaison
• Leading Budget processes, reviewing performance and spend with Senior Management and delivering accurate and robust forecasts to Group/Business deadlines.
• Report on financial lifecycle programmes with project teams to meet the account and customer requirements
• Assessing the financial stability/viability of potential clients and subcontractors
• Ensure Financial System Functionality delivers to requirements
• Ensure all processes relating to finance function are adhered to and managed effectively
• Close out all internal and external audit actions and ensuring best practice is adopted
• Providing monthly and ad-hoc analysis to support the Senior Management Team in their roles
• Develop the financial skills of budget holders
• Build and maintain relationships with key financial staff across the whole of the business to ensure key issues are fully understood
• Mentor and develop our finance function and teams across Group and the business
Additional Role Information
Senior Finance Manager required to lead a £50m per annum contract within the finance sector. Contract encompasses total FM, which includes M&E planned and reactive maintenance, cleaning, security, waste and grounds maintenance, plus capital projects including planned life cycle replacement schemes.
Successful candidate will have a track record of finance management on large FM contracts, ideally with experience of mobilising contracts through to delivery once contract has gone live.
Demonstration of line management experience is required as role will require managing a small team, current based in Sheffield
Good customer focus and interpersonal skills are essential as the role will involve leading and attending regular client / team meetings.
Strong change management skills and experience of managing cost challenges is required .
In return we offer:
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands