|Job Ref:||CA_38999||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
To lead and have full responsibility of the design management function on a single large project (£30M+)or group of projects within the Carillion Rail business unit. The role will be primarily during the work winning stages of a project and on more complex projects in the early stages of the construction period up until the main consultant design has been completed. Good knowledge of the design process; management of design delivery partners.
• Management of allocated document control resource ensuring PDR process is completed, supporting and motivating staff.
• Ensure every project completes a monthly design report and consultant KPI analysis.
• Review and audit all design management processes on allocated construction projects.
• Ensure that all Projects have a completed/reviewed/unambiguous Contractors proposals, updated with bid negotiations.
• Manage all aspects of the Design at bid / tender stage (RIBA A – C/D) including the selection and appointment of the design team, and manage the Consultant design at pre/post contract(RIBA D/E) stage for procurement of s/c designed works and non s/c designed works. (RIBA E/F)
• Manage the design development using the business “design to cost” principles.
• Ensure all projects have a robust and completed set of appointments.
• Ensure each project has a realistic design programme which is fully coordinated with the procurement and construction programmes.
• Coordinate reviews by the project team on all aspects of the design to ensure they are within budget, fully coordinated, buildable, compliant and delivered to programme.
• Conduct thorough audit of the design, flagging non compliance, scope gaps and co-ordination issues between consultants design.
• Populate a design risk register and work with the bid team / estimators to ensure risk is omitted or reduced (priced).
• Ensure competency assessments of design team have been completed, and that they have been audited to ensure adequate resource is available.
• Ensure the H&S in design workshop is completed during the early stages of the design process
Additional Role Information
Multiple small projects; at least one major project; single technical disciplines but in different key roles or in different industries; complex infrastructure or technology with international experience, industry leadership; major programme management; business unit Directors