|Job Ref:||CA_39000||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||13/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
A Design Manager is required to support a multi disciplinary rail project across the Midlands. The role will be primarily during the work winning stages of a project and in the early stages of the construction period up until the main consultant design has been completed. Knowledge of the design process; construction and understanding of various forms of contract.
• Ensure every project completes a monthly design report and consultant KPI analysis.
• Assist the PDM/SDM to ensure that all Projects have a completed/ reviewed/ unambiguous Contractors proposals, updated with bid negotiations.
• Manage all aspects of the Design at bid / tender stage (RIBA A – C/D) including the selection and appointment of the design team, and manage the Consultant design at pre/post contract(RIBA D/E) stage for procurement of s/c designed works and non s/c designed works. (RIBA E/F)
• Manage the design development using the business “design to cost” principles.
• Assist the PDM/SDM to ensure all projects have a robust and completed set of appointments.
• Ensure each project has a realistic design programme which is fully coordinated with the procurement and construction programmes.
• Coordinate reviews by the project team on all aspects of the design to ensure they are within budget, fully coordinated, buildable, compliant and delivered to programme.
• Manage Design risk register and update on a monthly basis.
• Manage regular H&S in design reviews
Additional Role Information
Must have previous experience of working on multi-disciplinary contracts, and working with design delivery partners.